Colombia Manos Juntas - Natural Process
*In the area and looking to pick up your order? Order for Pickup through our coffee bar's walk-up window. Select a date and time, walk on up and your order will be ready!*
*Free shipping on orders over $35! *
Region: Sotara, Cauca
Producer(s): Smallholder producers delivering to Manos Juntas Micromill
Altitude: 1950–2100 Meters Above Sea Level
Processing: Natural Processed
- Producers deliver and sell coffee in cherry form to Banexport by total weight. The riper the cherry, the heavier it is. This encourages more selective harvesting (which directly correlates to higher quality).
- Producers get paid upfront for their coffee. Typically producers have to wait 35 to 40 days for coffee to dry before selling it and getting paid.
- Banexport guarantees to pay producers a fixed price well above the market value for these cherries.
- Producers involved are from only nearby farms. This means they need only to travel a short distance to deliver coffee, as opposed to driving some distance into town.
- Coffee infrastructure, like drying beds, fermentation tanks, and depulpers, can be very expensive to purchase and maintain. With this model, producers can forgo those expenses and focus on maintaining healthy trees.